Sunday 10 January 2010

Assurance

Among the gifts God offers us, one of the most valuable is ASSURANCE. Assurance for the Christian means joy liberty and peace. Their are two kind of Christians, those who are safe, and those who are safe and sure. Only those who are really sure are joyful.

The doctrine of assurance is one of the most clearest truths in the N.T. Look at the first Epistle of St John. "We know that we know" 2v2 "we know that we are in Him 2v5 "we know that we have passed out of death into life" 3v14 "we know that we dwell in Him" 4v13
The doctrine of justification and sanctification also show us clearly this assurance and it is worth reading and discussing with others.

There are many that are still tied to presumption and good works. Yes they have received the Gospel message but they have not grasped the clear message of Salvation being a free gift. They have not the joy of the person that has that assurance.

How does one truly know?

I trust not my own feelings, not my experience, not anything in myself but I TRUST THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD.
God cannot lie. In fact I will go as far as saying "God is chained to His own word or put it another way God is chained to His promises to us" Thus we can trust God 100%


I know I am a child of God because He says so
God knows I am his child because He sees the work of the Holy Spirit at work in my life



No comments:

Post a Comment