Monday 1 February 2010

Can you forgive

My brother wronged me in a deep and hurtful way. So much so that we had not spoken for nearly 3 years. I think if we had come face to face in the first few months after he hurt me, we would have fought and being someone that did muay Thai, I could have really hurt him as I was so angry. Over the past few months we have started talking. So far just through email but its a start. The real test will be when we meet up at some point. I must admit I can still feel the pain that he caused me and I can taste the anger I felt but I put it to death each time it rears its ugly head.

FORGIVE FORGIVE FORGIVE FORGIVE is the message of Scripture. But just saying I forgive you does not take the pain away, nor does it mean that we forget the wrong that has been done to us. He has never said sorry for what he has done but the key point is that I had to forgive him. If he had said sorry a day or a week or a month after he hurt me I would not have cared, I would have hit him.

The point I am trying to make is that when we are wronged, we are the ones that need to forgive. We are the ones that need to accept what has happened and ask God to forgive and heal us. (as well as them) Try praying for someone that has hurt you, its very difficult, believe me.

Try forgiving someone that is not willing to offer you an apology.


One other point I will make is, you dont have to be best pals with the person you forgive. In fact you may not even see them again but for you're own spiritual life forgives has to come.

Be Blessed

1 comment:

  1. Great message and it has helped me just reading this. Thank you

    ReplyDelete